Saturday, March 13, 2010

Chicago River turns GREEN

For over 40 years the dyeing of the Chicago River has been privately funded~this year will be no different.
On Saturday morning, an hour or so before Chicago's annual St. Patrick's Day parade, members of Chicago's Journeymen Plumbers Union add dye to the Chicago River, temporarily transforming a stretch of the waterway into an Emerald green.

What a gorgeous view!!

Sadly, I will miss the dyeing of the river and the parade this year, partly because the weather forcast calls for rain (and I might melt :P ) and partly because I am helping out at work today.
But I will be there in spirit!!!

No comments:

Growing In Unity winners

The winners of My Growing in Unity Week are.... Denise Bryant and {S} . Please contact me at sillyscrap(dot)aol (dot) com with your mailing...